Roof Lanterns and skylights are becoming increasingly popular in Northern Ireland, and are suitable for a wide variety of building projects.
With two main types of rooflight on offer, we can tailor the design for your particular building.
Roof lanterns (or sky lanterns) are structures made up of separate panes of glazing set within a frame as facets, capturing more light than traditional windows as they are angled to catch the sun’s rays.
This helps more natural light flow into your home and makes a room feel more spacious by opening up the ceiling and adding height.
Roof lights (or skylights) are usually flush with the roof or built on a plinth and give a more uniform look, especially when installing multiple lights.
Both options are mainly glass structures built into a flat roof and have several benefits:
- Installing a roof lantern can increase the value of your property by making it more attractive to potential buyers.
- Eco-friendly – Roof lanterns can help reduce your energy bills and regulate the temperature in your home by letting in natural light and heat during the day.
- Corrosion resistant and flame retardant – added layer of security
- If you spend a lot of time indoors, a rooflight allows a healthy exposure to natural light and helps boost your mood and health.
- And if you love the great outdoors, our skylights provide a beautiful view of the sky, especially at night.