This blog is a first in a series of six blogs which look at past extension constructions, to find out how the new living areas have shaped the lives of our customers who purchased them.
Four years ago, our customer came to us looking for some home extension ideas, and after several design meetings, we quickly worked out which solution would best suit their family. We all agreed on a ‘Sunroom Pod’. A modern Pod is a great way to bring sunlight into a living space, and with the benefit of having bi-folding doors, a pod can be opened up completely thus bringing the garden indoors.
Four years (16 seasons) have passed since we built the extension, so we came back to find out what life has really been like inside their extension.
1. Almost four years have passed since we designed your Pod extension. Are you happy with it? “Yes we are very happy with it, it lets so much light into the kitchen”.
2. How do you and your family tend to use the Pod extension? “We use it when friends come for dinner or when the family get together for special occasions or on occasion I would just sit in there and read it’s quiet and peaceful”.
3. What is the most memorable experience you have had in the pod extension? “I think the most memorable experience using it was my Dad’s 75th surprise birthday party, it really came into its own, I don’t know what we would have done without it, so much extra space”.
4. Would you like to add anything else about your pod extension, or your experience with us? “It’s lovely to sit in it in the summer looking out at the garden and just as lovely in the winter when the rain hits against the glass, it’s always cosy and warm. When it was being built, we had good contact with your company and the builders were excellent always on time and went out of their way to help if we had any queries with them”.
5. Are you able to sit in the Pod extension all year round? “Yes”.
6. Would you recommend us to family and friends? “We would definitely recommend it to everyone, don’t know how we managed without it”.